С пристани спугну чаек,
В лавочке куплю специй.
Я в тебе души не чаю -
Я тебя кормлю сердцем.
Как тебе подать? С кровью?
Сладко ли тебе? Терпко?
Если заболит - скрою,
Всё оно теперь стерпит.
Осень охладит волны.
Выветрится пуд соли.
Будет ли любовь полной,
Если никакой боли?
In ten days imma be flying across the Atlantic again, to see my favourite people and this one band I kinda like 🤷🏼♀️ can't wait to cry a bunch and drink myself into a coma for a week 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 #ptvinamerica#round3
Hi friends! This post is going to combine an abridged review (to try and get you to look at my new blog!) and a tag from my favorite @brittanyfiiasco. I'll first do the tag and my short thoughts on The Hate U Give will be at the bottom of this caption.
Brittany tagged me to share 10 things that make me happy, so here they are in no particular order!
- the smell of campfire
- the crispness in the air when summer starts turning to fall
- waking up to Trout (the cat pictured) head butting me and giving me face rubs and purring
- Izzy's (the cat previously pictured) spotted belly and cutest sweetest face in the world
- my succulent that is somehow blooming, despite my historically black thumb
- when I manage to actually cook good food and Josh loves it (like when I somehow make breakfast burritos that he proclaimed were the best he'd ever had)
- walking around a new city with no agenda and stopping for coffeeshops and bookstores
- perfectly ripe avocados
- apple cider
- sweater weather
Now, I tag @casebounder!
Okay, now on to the review! I read The Hate U Give for the @diversebooksclub September YA pick. I liked it, but I definitely didn't love it as much as most people seem to. I rate it as 3-3.5/5. I really enjoyed the story and I recognize the importance of this narrative at this moment in history. However, my issues were with the writing style and length. It's SO long. Also, I think the the choppiness of the prose (for me), long sections of dialogue, and lack of subtly prevented me from feeling emotionally connected in the way that I wanted for a book with this subject matter. Now for the plug: for a longer, more rambling review, click the LINK IN MY PROFILE (!!!!) to visit my new blog!