| Carabinero 🍤 |
By Head-Chef @_patrickmahler
📸 By ???
Do you like #finedining? Follow ⤵️
🔥Follow @dutchcuisine 🇳🇱
📷 All rights and credits reserved to the respective owner(s)
Whenever we take in a baby calf, we keep them in our upper pasture with our little guys (sheep, goats, llamas, alpacas, mini donkeys) for the first year, rather than putting them out in the cow field. This is done mainly for 4 reasons: ⠀
1) we can keep a close eye on them and make sure they are thriving (especially since they are all bottle babies in the beginning)⠀
2) they become acclimated to being around all different types of animals⠀
3) visitors can pet a baby calf⠀
4) it keeps them from being hurt by the much bigger cows, donkeys and mules until they ae large enough to fend for themselves⠀
After they are a year old, they start being too big to 'play' well with the little guys and we turn them loose with the cow herd. In this video, taken 2 years ago, our 2 babies, Will and Elliott, have decided to chase baby calf, Lily, who is out of sight in the video. This is what happens when boys chase girls, hahahaha.⠀
If you know me, you know that my top three favorite foods are avocados, dark chocolate, and sweet potatoes.
The recipe for these bad boys contains two of them. I’m talking #paleo AND #vegan SWEET POTATO BROWNIES.
All of the rich goodness and none of the processed crap. A dessert you can overindulge in and never feel the need to justify your actions.
🍫Find the recipe below. Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!
To make the SWEET POTATO BROWNIES, you will need:
• 1 large sweet potato (preferably organic)
• 1 cup almond butter
• 1/3 cup 100% maple syrup
• 1/2 cup @navitasorganics cacao powder
• 1 tsp baking powder (aluminum-free)
• 2 tbsp ground flax seed
• 1 tbsp chia seeds
• 4 tbsp water
• 1/4 cup organic unsweetened almond milk (or plant-based milk of choice)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• ½ - 1 cup @enjoylifefoods dark chocolate chunks (not pictured)
Wash and peel a large sweet potato and cut into large wedges. Over medium heat, steam potatoes for 12-14 minutes or until soft.
Once soft, mash sweet potato in a large mixing bowl. Add all ingredients and mix until batter is smooth and not lumpy (may need to mash with a fork).
Fold in Enjoy Life Foods dark chocolate chunks and pour batter into a pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350°F for 15-17 minutes. Enjoy!