We've been 💔 over the destruction Volcano Fuego has caused to communities around Antigua, Guatemala. The communities that have been most affected are 15 miles southwest of Antigua (on the road to the coast) including San Miguel Los Lotes and El Rodeo.
The last few days, we've been doing research on how to help
If you can't make a financial donation, please use the hashtags #PrayForGuatemala and #GuatemalaEstoyContigo to raise much needed awareness. At the time of writing this post the prayforguatemala # had less than 14k tags on IG, which isn't a lot.
If you can donate, here's what PBS recommends:
1. @GoFundMe has put together verified volcano relief efforts
2. @CruzRojaGT is the Guatemalan arm of the Red Cross. They are accepting wire transfers (which cost around $50)
3. Miguel Vargas Association. You can donate online to help out with medical supplies. In fact on their site they say that 100% of the donations will be used on supplies and not volunteers
4. Rotary Club of Guatemala is accepting wire transfers
5. @GodsChildProject is accepting online donations and donors are matching contributions ✅. If your company matches charitable donations, that could potentially triple your donation.
6. Catholic Relief Services is helping displaced families
7. Our trusted sources in Antigua pointed us to @wings_guatemala an organization that is already on the ground and has almost reached their $30,000 goal ✅.
The PBS journalist who made the first 6 recs smartly recommends visiting Charity Navigator to verify any charities you may want to donate to. 🙏🇬🇹
Went to this mexican restaurant, Fridas, on Sunday and boy was I pleased! 😍🎉 The burritos were amaazing and I got some different sauces to have with (can barely see them to the left), they were really tasty. I was soo full tho, had to take the last burrito to go 😂🌯 But yeah, definitely going back 💃
I also liked their entrance ❤️
And We're Live! Welcome to your new Local! Serving you Antigua's best gourmet toasts, sandwiches, bowls, smoothies and lil sumthin sumthin's. Come check us out from 10am! #eatlocal#ellocalantigua 📷: @jakemagnus_photo
🙏🇬🇹 A quick visit today to one of the sites of destruction from the volcano just below La Reunión. The area is still blocked, dangerous and we needed a special permit to visit. This group of firefighters is digging with picks and shovels looking for 2 of their own. They were first responders helping to evacuate the community when their ambulance was swept away and buried. They are committed to finding their men and giving them a proper burial. The ground is still hot and smoking 15 days after the tragedy. No words to really describe the destruction. 🙏🏼🇬🇹 link in profile #fuerzaguatemala#guatemala#volcano#volcandefuego#antigua#antiguaguatemala#perhapsyouneedalittleguatemala
Nueva línea de playeras Element
Para que vistas con estilo 😎😎
👕Tenemos tallas S, M y L
🚚 Contamos con servicio a domicilio.
👉Pagas al recibir tu producto.
¡Escríbenos en whatsapp!