ATTENTION!!!!! ATTENTION!!!! On my way to ZARIA, KADUNA. After waiting for an hour plus for the car to get filled at the #GARAGE. It was indeed tiring but worth the wait.
After 3 hours plus, we reached a village called #DubinDutse that's immediately after Jaji Military Cantonment, Zaria.
A green mini van #OVERLOADED with #PASSENGERS overtook our car with full speed.
#3MINUTES Later, I heard a #BLAST and #TIRES SCREECHING and then a #BANG.
The car that overtook ours gotten an #ACCIDENT with a #HIGHTENSION Pillar.
Cars stopped, People gathered round and assisted in moving the accident Victims to a safer ground. People were injured, some victims we're gasping for air. A 7 months old baby has bones broken. A mother that was badly injured didn't care about her injuries and started shouting " Ina yarinya na" meaning "where is my daughter" *3. Glory be to God, she wasn't injured.
To my greatest surprise, while people were crying and assisting some were stealing pretending to be removing belongings from the car.
We then quickly called the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) on their emergency line (122) and they responded.
I was scared that they wouldn't respond quickly. But to my greatest surprise they did.
I heard their sirens wail at a distance when we left the site of the accident and saw
their ambulance rushing to reach the site of the accident.
It was indeed an #HORROR Experience.
I decided to share this so we all learn these important pointers. It might be someone's #LifeLine
1) While traveling, Do not enter cars from the road. Go to a Garage where you enter your details in their booklets in case of emergencies.
2) Record the plate number of any car you enter
3) While on the Journey, if your driver is #OVER-SPEEDING or driving #RECKLESSLY, better tell him to slow down. #itsyourlife you only have one.
4) Do not enter cars that are #OVER-LOADED. The economy might be hard, but go for cars that have spaces to stretch your legs even if it's a little. As this would help in injuries when an accident occurs.
5) In case of accidents or any emergency pls call this number #122. You might be saving someone's life. Thanks