1. You start off as strangers. Sometimes his name gets stuck on the tip of your tongue. You don't know what it tastes like yet. You don't know that he likes when you run your fingers across his skin. You don't know what he looks like in the mornings. You don't expect to love him. The possibility doesn't even cross your mind.
2. You are sitting in silence next to him. You don't feel the need to break it and fill it with empty conversation. When you do speak it's with ease. You don't worry about saying the wrong thing or laughing too much. There is a comfort in the silence that you share and in the words that you speak.
3. In between the silences and the late night conversations and the "can i come over's?" you find yourself thinking about him. What would it feel like to touch him? To hold his hands? Would you feel safe when he holds you? You imagine you would. You imagine laying next to him. You tell yourself to stop. You tell yourself you are not going to fall in love.
4. But then you really are touching his hands. You can feel the warmth from his fingertips spread through your entire body and you hope he doesn't notice. You hope your hands stay cold so he'll hold them a little longer. His touch is warm and gentle You don't want him to let go. You don't want him to go.
5. He is smiling and you can't stop looking at him. You love the way he smiles and the way he laughs. You love being the reason. You love his eyes and the way he looks at you. Whenever he does you can feel everything inside of your chest explode. You know what it means but you aren't ready to admit it yet. Not to him and definitely not to yourself.
6. You are laying with him. He is holding you and you feel safe just like you imagined you would. Neither of you are speaking. You don’t need to. You still find comfort in the silence but this time in a different way. You love looking at him. You love the way he feels under your touch. You love everything about him. You love him. You love him. You love him.