Rustic Rosemary, Lemon Pepper Chicken🐓🍗🍽 Ingredients:
2 garlic cloves
1 pinch of salt
1/2 a tsp of lemon rind
1/2 a teaspoon of black cracked pepper
1 chicken breast
1 ranch of rosemary
1/2 a cup of cauliflower chunks
1 cubed sweet potato
2 and a 1/2 cups of silverbeat
1. In a large pot of water, boil the sweet potato and cauliflower, seasoned with salt and pepper. Then allow the sweet potato and cauliflower to cook till softened.
2. In the mean time, season the chicken breast with 2 crushed garlic cloves, lemon rind, rosemary, peper and salt. Set it aside for a moment, then organise a small oiled pan set on a medium heat and add the seasoned chicken breast to the pan for browning.
3. Fish out the softened sweet potato cubes and cauliflower into a sift placed in a clean kitchen sink. Then add silverbeat to the pot and allow the silverbeat to steam in the pot for 5 minutes. Once the silverbeat has steamed gently strain strain the silver beat. Then set it aside.
4. Turn off the stove. Then serve the silverbeat, sweet potato and chicken breast in layers. Garnished with a branch of rosemary.
1 butternut, cut in half lengthwise and deseeded - 1/2 cup quinoa - 1 teaspoon olive oil - 1 clove garlic, minced - 1 red onion, diced - 8 white button mushrooms, diced - 1 cup spinach, sliced - 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg - juice of 1 lime - 1/3 cup feta cheese - crushed nuts and dried fruit to serve
1) Preheat oven to 220°c. Lay the two halvez of a butternut on a baking tray lined with tin foil. Bake for about 50 minutes or until tender.
2) Meanwhile make the quinoa according to package instructions.
3) Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook for about 3 minutes to soften the onion slightly. Add the mushroom and cook for a further 6 minutes or until both the onion and mushrooms have softened. Add the spinach, nutmeg and lime juice. Cook until the spinach has wilted. Take off the heat.
4) Once the butternut is cooked let it cool slightlt before scooping out the insides leaving a 1/2 inch border. Put the butternut flesh into ap large bowl and mash it. Then stir through the cooked quinoa, fried vegetables and feta. Season with salt and pepper.
5) Fill the butternut with the stuffing, and cook for a further 10 minutes.
6) Top each half with crushednuts and dried fruit. I used almonds, walnuts and apricots. Serve immediately
Note: this recipe is easy to make vegan, just don't add the feta
Savoury Sunday’s 🙌👏
500g pork mince
500g beef mince
1 bottle of Pessata
2 carrots finely diced
1 stick of celery finely diced
1 white onion finely diced
1 glass of water
Sauté the onion, carrot and celery until soft
Add both pork and beef mince and cook till brown
Add a glass of water to keep the mince soft
Then add the bottle of pessata and cook for 2.5 hours
Add salt and pepper for flavour. .
90g plain flour
1 litre of milk
1 cup of mozzarella cheese grated
Melt the butter
Add the plain flour and cook until combined
Add all of the milk and once and whisk on low heat until thickened and smooth
Are mozzarella, nutmeg and salt to taste .
Assemble the lasagne
Fresh pasta sheets, then mince, then bechamel and repeat. Finish with bechemal, mozzarella, Parmesan and bocconcini.
Eat and enjoy .