Ready for dinner like 😋
Sweet Chili Coconut-Lime Grilled Chicken with Coconut-Lime Cauliflower Rice
Makes 4 servings
Per Health Plan 1 Serving Yields:
1 Leaner | 3 vegetables | 3 condiments | 1 fat
• 3/4 cup unsweetened light coconut milk, divided
• 2 teaspoons Frank’s Red Hot sweet chili sauce
• 2 Tbs lime juice, divided
• ¼ tsp salt
• ½ tsp pepper
• 2 ¼ pounds chicken breasts
• 1 medium-sized head cauliflower, grated (6 cups)
• One teaspoon coconut oil
• 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Combine 1/2 cup coconut milk, sweet chili sauce and 1 1/2 tbp lime juice in a large Ziplock bag. Add salt and pepper then squish to combine. Add chicken breasts then marinate for 30 minutes - 1 hour in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high, making sure grates are well greased. Grill chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes on the first side, then 3-4 minutes on the second side, depending on how big they are and how well done you like them. Remove to a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in a very large skillet over medium/medium-high heat (6 out of 10.) Add cauliflower, season liberally with salt and pepper, and then saute until tender, 5-7 minutes. Add remaining lime juice (1/2 tbs) then add 3-4 Tablespoons coconut milk, depending on how coconutty you want it. Add cilantro then stir to combine. Scoop onto plates then top with chicken.
Meal prep, cooking a lot at once, making lunch or dinner with intentional leftovers, whatever you call it, preparing healthy meals in advance is really helpful!
Roast your fave veggies, cook up some healthy carbs (brown rice, sweet potao, quinoa etc.), and some lean proteins (chicken breast, salmon, ground chicken/turkey, etc.) so they are ready when you need them all week long.
Making a variety of foods each week keeps things exciting so you aren’t eating the same thing every day. Experiment with different combos, and add herbs and spices for some flavour without extra calories.
It doesn’t have to be a whole day’s event. When you’re making dinner tonight, just make some extra for the next few days. Simple, healthy, and delicious!
Thanksgiving is only two days away and word on the street is some of you are still looking for last minute recipes! Don't worry, I have your back. Not only did we upload some great Thanksgiving dishes to our website, I also want to share this quick and easy Cauliflower-onion soup idea from @thanksgiving_com
Who's ready for Thursday's feast? What's your favourite dish to eat? To make?