4 weeks left of my Maxine’s challenge. With a physiotherapist appointment this morning the sad news comes that I can’t train for the last of the weeks. My spine is still not good and very inflamed causing lots of back pain. This morning I stumbled out of bed and sat in a hot shower for at least a good 20 mins. This was not the news I wanted to be told. I wanted to have the all clear finally. One thing I have learnt is to listen to my body. Off for another MRI again. This is a minor set back. I still have my food guidelines to follow. #minorsetback#backproblems#nomoretraining#shortterm#whyme#inflamedspine#maxineschallenge18#staystrong#fitchick#fitmum#healthyeating
I’ve been coming to terms with Virabhadrasana 1 lately... it’s not my favorite pose and I realize I like it a lot more when I practice with different arm variations or lift my front heel.
I’ll be @limberyoga tomorrow morning 9:45-11 (Flow & Meditation) and 7:30pm-8:45pm (Empower Flow) - although this is a strong flow class I always include 10-15 minutes of stretching/restorative at the end so you go home feeling relaxed.
I love working on my biceps! I especially love to incorporate the bosu ball into my workouts. It’s a great way to work your balance balance and stability. Make sure to tighten your core during the exercise. I did 4 sets of 12. 🔥💪🏻
Remember, never give up on your goals, the most successful people started somewhere. All you have to do is start. 💛
I wanted to quit today. I did not want to get up and do cardio, meal prep, train, etc. and I argued with myself pretty much the entire day. I shed tears on the treadmill, got angry during meal prep and even fell asleep sitting up on the couch. (It’s been a day)
I’m exhausted. I’m hungry. My back and feet hurt. And my heart aches.
Part of me is extremely proud of what I accomplished yesterday, don’t get me wrong. I am fully aware that what I accomplished was not easy and I’m not here to whine about my placing. Being an athlete comes with good and bad placings and I totally get that. But that doesn’t mean we aren’t allowed to have feelings.
There is a part of me that hurts. I feel that I could have done better. I feel like I let myself down. I feel like I let my coach down. I feel like I let those down who are in my corner rooting for me.
I struggled with feeling like I’m not worthy of the national stage and a lot of other negative self talk that would really hurt someone if I said that to them. I’ve watched the video of my posing routine probably 25+ times today picking myself apart and going over and over everything I did wrong or should’ve done better. And then something clicked for me.
It just wasn’t my time. And that’s ok. I got my stage jitters out, I learned a few lessons, and I gained a few friends and you know what? That’s a WIN and I am THANKFUL for that. And for now, that’s going to be enough. I’m going to use my disappointment as fuel to do better.
I CAN and WILL bring a better package to the stage than I did yesterday. So here we go. Watch me work.
I haven’t shared anything fun about myself in a while in order for all of you to get to know the feisty girl behind Pink Lotus Essentials, so here goes 😆
1. I’m a total goofball and really love to prank people, lol 😂
2. I am a Licensed Psychologist and have a long career working with adolescents and adults in the criminal justice system.
3. I’m a horsewomen, have two Friesian Sport horses that are the sons of my Paint mare, and I consider them wise old souls.
4. I am a certified level II practitioner in Equine Assisted Psychotherapy.
5. I used to have a real farm pig named Charlie and that’s why I will never eat pork again.
6. I’m a pitbull mama, the breed stole my heart ❤️ I have been doing rescue/rehab since 2003 when I found my first sick, abused puppy driving through the hood in Dallas, Texas.
7. Our main home is in La Paz Mexico, my three pitbull babies live there and I go back and forth bc my boyfriends job is in San Francisco for the next year.
8. I love traveling and have lived in two countries in West Africa (one of my most favorite places to be).
9. I have a frenchie who goes everywhere with us and I’m convinced she was a pitbull shrunk down to a mini body, lol 😂
10. I love nature and the Sea
11. I’m a book nerd
12. I love helping people and mentoring people growing their businesses.
13. I love seeing people succeed!
14. I’m a bit of a smarty pants sometimes and I can get very feisty.
15. Passionate about people, animals and the environment.
16. Love all things holistic and healthy ♥️ I’m a great cook!
17. I’m obsessed with essential oils and crystals ✨
18. I love horror films
Tell me some things about what makes you unique and awesome! •
#essentialoils#doterra#me#blondeshavemorefun#caligirl#essentialoils#happiness#iloveoils#aromatherapy#healthyliving#doterr#oils#love#frenchie#frenchiesofinstagram#squishyfacecrew#positivevibes#bossbabe#girlboss#goodvibesonly#instalove#vibes#fitchick#instahappy#frenchie#frenchiesofinstagram#frenchielove @k9sportsack #petstagram#bossbabe#baby#crystals