Do you like my ugly ass socks?! 😂 I just ran 5 consecutive miles for the first time since 2012 and I feel so good!! Running without headphones has completely shifted how running feels and I am finding myself more and more comfortable with going longer distances because it is easier to get in the right mental space. Today I actually only intended to run 2 or 3 miles but once I got moving I knew I had more in me so I kept going. I also think the residual anxiety from this weekend’s flood fiasco probably gave me a boost, lol. Either way, I can’t think of a better way to practice self care on this gloomy Tuesday!!
What have you done today to show your body and mind some love?!
(Swipe for garmin stats)
I'm in love with my new Garmin!😍I can't even cope — it's soooo beautiful!!!😂🙈Training is about to be taken to the next level!🏃🏼♀️🏋🏼♀️🏊🏼♀️🚴🏼♀️
I've had 3 Fitbit watches over the last year and had to get 2 of them replaced — I currently have the Fitbit blaze and it's the second one I have owned that doesn't hold a charge. & the Fitbit app always has issues! Overall I'm not impressed with fitbit! Here's to never having charging issues/connecting to Bluetooth ever again!😁The Garmin Fenix 5s Plus is the best watch!! It's accurate and does it all, plus looks good no matter what you are wearing!
Below are my pros & cons for choosing the Garmin over FitBit, for those interested. If considering a fitness tracker or a smart watch, you must first determine the features that matter most to you.
+ Long battery life (Better than Apple & Polar)
+ Water resistant to 50m
+ Better GPS/HR accuracy
+ More robust fitness metrics
+ Pairs with 3rd party HR monitors
+ Consistent good reviews online & from friends currently using Garmin
+ Sleek design- looks more like a watch than a tracker, easily dressed up or down w/changeable 20mm bands
+ Has ‘Garmin Pay’ w/ NFC technology (not a feature I need), however Apple still has best support for this feature
- No media/music storage (FitBit syncs with Pandora & Samsung w/ Spotify for paid users, however, mixed reviews about quality of playback), but you CAN control music playing on your phone from the Garmin
- Price (honestly well worth the money) - Stopwatch feature (hoped to replace my stopwatch for running OTF workouts)
- User interface sexier on FitBit or Samsung
- FitBit has more thorough sleep analytics (not a feature I care much about)
- FitBit & Samsung have more integrated apps/smart features - Much smaller 'community' of users for engagement/challenges (def a perk of FitBit)
Tons of great comparison videos on YouTube. I also chose Garmin over a apple watch because of all the reviews I read on the Garmin Fenix 5s plus!