The Anderson House c.1898 - Built by John Gary Anderson (1861-1937). He and his father-in-law A.D. Holler co-founded The Holler and Anderson Buggy Co in 1891, which later changed to The Rock Hill Buggy Co. The company was a huge success and later became Anderson Motor Co building cars. They built fine automobiles, but in the end they couldn't compete with Henry Ford's cheap Model T.
The Love Plantation House c.1820 -Captain James Mitchell (1755-1814), who fought and was injured at the Battle of Hanging Rock 1780, and his wife Rachel Rainey Mitchell owned this property after a land grant. They had one child named Margaret, who married Robert Love, son of Colonel Andrew Love. Their inherited the house and had a ton of children here including several sets of twins. The home has undergone extensive alterations over the years, but it has been cared for over the years by the Love family.