How familiar are you with the attack lines on your engine? 🔥🚒 1. How many attack lines are on your engine?
2. What are your hose diameters and lengths?
3. What type of nozzles?
4. What are the gpm settings and tip sizes?
5. What is the type of hose load – flat/minuteman/bundle load?
6. Are they pre-connected or static?
7. What is your role when making the stretch?
8. Does your department have standard operating procedures (SOPs) for attack lines?
Which way is out?? There are so many options to help firefighters determine their way to safety including these couplings marked with reflective arrows. Whatever the method, make sure you don’t let your guard down and make sure you know how the couplings feel in your hand in zero visibility. Remember, the female (longer coupling length) always points towards your way out. Practice makes perfect regardless of what other method might be available to you. #nationalfireradio#knowyourwayout#coupling#hose#hoseline#chiefmiller#kempterfirewire#americanfireapparatus
Brooklyn NY, 7/15/18 (2nd Alarm)
In the Borough of Brooklyn a 2nd Alarm on arrival was transmitted for fire on multiple floors. Initial call was for a reported explosion with numerous people injured. On arrival members had two floors of fire with people trapped.
Video Credit: Citizen App