Thanks @patriciaduncombe for the inspiration to make my own “crack”!!
I can assure you it’s very addictive & a genuine cracker!! 1 box Salada or Premium salted crackers
225gr unsalted butter chopped
1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 pinch of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
200gr dark chocolate
1 cup toasted nuts of choice
1.Preheat oven to 180 cover a slice tray with foil then baking paper
2. Cover with a layer of crackers
3. Heat butter and sugar and cook for 3 minutes stirring well as it bubbles
4. Remove from heat add sea salt and vanilla. Immediately pour over the cracker base and spread evenly before it sets
5. Bake for 15 minutes
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle chopped chocolate over the hot caramel. Let that melt for 5 minutes, then spread evenly across the surface
7. Sprinkle with the toasted nuts, allow to cool then break up into pieces, and then try and stop at one piece!!
8. You’re welcome😘
I must admit as a kid I wasn't a fan of Frank Carson, he scared me a bit but tonight Dan Gordon gave me a brand new prospective and respect of him. I got to hear stories of his upbringing, the difficult relationships he had with his father and grandfather, the death of siblings, fighting in wars home and away...is it any wonder he turned to comedy. And of course there are a lot of laugh out loud one liners throughout his journey...It's the way he tells em! Dan is perfect in the role and in all the other characters we get to meet throughout Frank's This Is Your Life story. On at the Lyric until 30th June, go see if you haven't already...It's a cracker!