Recipe for ***Jackfruit Carnitas*** 4 cans green/unripe jackfruit in brine *can be found at Trader Joe’s or Asian food market. Make sure it is packed in water or brine, not syrup.
1 large sweet onion, chopped
2-3 chipotles in adobo sauce
3-4 tbs of hot sauce (Valentina, Cholula, or Tapatio)
½ tbs onion powder
½ tbs garlic powder
½ tbs cumin
½ tbs oregano
½ tbs paprika
½-1 tbs cayenne
¾ cup canned pineapple chunks with juice
1 tbs agave nectar (or maple syrup)
2 tbs vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Set oven to 475F
2. Drain jackfruit and rinse very well under water
3. Using your hands, pull and tear jackfruit apart. Pinch and squeeze the solid parts to break into smaller pieces. Squeeze excess liquid out of pulled jackfruit.
4. Place pulled jackfruit in large mixing bowl and add chopped onion
5. Place remaining ingredients in a blender and pulse to a smoothie like consistency
6. Pour marinade into the bowl with jackfruit and chopped onion and massage well with your hands incorporating all the marinade
7. Taste jackfruit and adjust salt and/or seasonings as needed
8. Spread jackfruit evenly on a large, parchment paper lined cookie sheet
9. Bake for 35-45 minutes at 475F until jackfruit is a bit dried out and corners are starting to char.
10. Set oven to high broil and cook another 5-10 minutes until desired charred-ness is reached.
11. Taste jackfruit carnitas and add salt as needed. - Makes about 8-10 tacos
- Serve with toasted corn tortillas, chopped onion and cilantro, and fresh lime. Top off with your favorite hot sauce
Hi guys! This delicious dinner brought to you by the amazing @vegiliciousus
Please please go support them and enjoy some delicious food before they close up shop for the month of November. They have the most amazing Kobe beef bowl as pictured 👆🏼 and more! I’d appreciate it very much, they’re the kindest souls out there. Thank you ☺️
Tacos dorados de papà ..🌮
Not your typical tacos de papà, the traditional filling is usually just mashed potatoe w/ salt and pepper but i just love flavor so i went ahead and added more seasonings and extra ingredients to it and it was a complete success! Explosion of flavors!
- 2 cooked potatoes( boiled) - 1/8 c red bell pepper (cut in thin squares) - 1/8 c red union (thinly cut in squares) - 1 tbs fresh thinly cut basil - 1tbs olive oil - 1/4 tsp pepper - 1/4 tsp smoked paprika - salt - tortillas ( as many as you need) - Oil for frying ( your choice)
1. Boil potatoes for 20 min until cooked.
2. In a bowl mash potatoes add bp, union, basil, olive oil, pepper, paprika and salt , mix well.
3. Warm tortillas ( i microwave them 😉) 4. Start filling one scoop on tortilla and fold in half repeat as many as you need.
5. On stove heat pan with oil for frying ( i use canola oil)
6. Fry your tacos
Enjoy your tacos with desired ingrediants of your choice. I topped my tacos with: cabbage, salsa bandera, green salsa, vegan sour cream, and crumbled cotija cheese! #tacosdepapa#misveganways
Im so hungry right now and I wish I was eating this mushroom burger. I don’t know why food tastes better in Mexico.
Also why eating food or having drinks on rooftops amplifies flavors.
My last visit for the year was with my oldest son Andrew. I took him to my favorite spot @azoteadelbarrio.
If I haven’t said this a million times it’s my favorite place in en el centro it’s located inside @barrioalameda and while I was there I finally bought a dress I had been stalking for a while from @casasalt and the maker is @genuinamarket.
I have one bad photo of it take a peek. I haven’t bought a dress in years but since I’ve been going to Mexico and finding unique designers I have finally found my style groove again.
Estoy tan hambrienta en este momento y desearía estar comiendo esta hamburguesa de champiñones. No sé por qué la comida sabe mejor en México?!
También por qué comer alimentos o tomar bebidas al aire libre amplifica los sabores.
Mi última visita del año fue con mi hijo mayor, Andrew. Lo llevé a mi lugar favorito @azoteadelbarrio.
Si no lo he dicho un millón de veces, este es mi lugar favorito en el centro que se encuentra dentro de @barrioalameda y mientras estuve allí, finalmente compré un vestido que en @casasalt y es hecho por @genuinamarket.
Tengo una mala foto en este bello vestido. No he comprado un vestido en años, pero desde que fui a México y encontré diseñadores únicos, finalmente encontré mi estilo de moda nuevamente.
It’s been SO LOOOOONG since I’ve had birria!! Probably more than 3 years. But this birria SIN CARNE was really good! The tamales? Bomb bomb bomb!! The masa was on point the cheeze & chile were perfect! I LOVED IT. Now....NOW....let me tell you...the champurado?! The champurado was without a doubt delicious, it was authentic and had so much flavor!! It was really good.....I MEAN REALLY GOOD!!! Im so happy I got the chance to try this amazing food from @cocinaveganabyaileen !!! And also thank you so much for helping me take the food to my car it was very kind of you, thank you!! ☺️💜 #plantbased#plantbasedmexican#mexicanfood