This cold weather got me feelin’ sooouper into this warm, delish bowl of Pozole-less Pozole Verde! My best gal @themdrntomboy made Pozole for us awhile back and it was so good, I wanted to make a Paleo / Whole30 version. (Note: the soup recipe is #whole30 , the Siete chips are #foodfreedom )
My website is in transition right now, so I am putting the recipe here ⬇️⬇️ 4 cups chicken broth
3 lb chicken breast
1 lb tomatillos, husked and quartered
1 onion, diced
3 jalapenos, diced
1 can mild diced green chiles
1 can hot diced green chiles
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups cauliflower bits (riced or slightly larger pieces)
1 green bell pepper, diced
Topping options: limes, avocado, cilantro, cabbage, radishes
1. Add chicken broth, chicken, tomatillos, onion, jalapeno, chiles, and garlic into a large soup pot on high heat.
2. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Remove chicken breasts from pot. Add a handful of cilantro leaves to the pot.
4. Blend the remaining soup ingredients using an immersion blender or remove the large pieces from the soup using a slotted spoon into a blender. Blend until the soup is mostly pureed.
5. Shred the chicken using 2 forks. Add back to the soup.
6. Add in the cauliflower and the bell pepper. Let simmer for another 15 minutes. Serve and top with toppings of choice!