*** G I V E A W A Y *** Still sick and still watching The Good Witch on repeat so I'm running a giveaway to cheer myself (and you!) up. I've got a blog post up today about why I love @_smallbob - a company that creates beautifully curated gift sets for babies AND mamas. @_smallbob is giving away one of their lovely art prints to one lucky follower!! To win, follow me and @_smallbob and tag a friend below who might like one these sweet prints (swipe to see mine!). (Hint: their initial prints would make a great piece of wall art -baby or not!) Competition ends Friday. Open to UK residents only (sorry!). And ... link in profile, if you want to find out more about this wonderful small business!
I am passionate about handmade (in case you didn’t already know 😉) In this age of digitalism I believe it is now more important than ever to support makers that are continuing the gentle art of craft and traditional workmanship. From watercolour to weaving, tatting to patchwork, ceramics to needlework, macrame to wood turning, future generations need to know that items of beauty and usefulness can be made by hand. One of the best ways to support this tradition of craftsmanship is to shop at your local makers markets. So this Christmas I challenge you to shop local and support the artisans and makers within your community ❤️❤️❤️😘😘😘
Are you doing a Christmas photo shoot with your baby? Maybe you just want some gorgeous photos for their first Christmas? Our personalised Santa hats are reduced to only £6!!!! Limited availability! Sizes 0-18 months 🙊🙊
I’m being audited this week and my head was not focussed on the last post & I skipped a step and tagged the wrong people 😬 sorry! It’s all fixed now and fingers crossed I get these ones right.
Tap to see the makers and share some love for their work! 🤗
FOLLOW for crochet inspiration!
I would love for you all to JOIN IN & PLAY...For your chance to have your crochet makes featured, use the main tag #honouringyoucrochet or this week’s theme tag #hyc_forhim and tag your OLD & NEW crochet makes that haven’t been featured before... @honouringmecrochet @seona74
It's @justacard Indie Week!
There's nothing better.
Just lots of Artist, Makers, Independents helping everyone to shop independent this Christmas - pow!
Today the prompt is YOU, so here is me 😁
I like horses, guinea pigs, starlings and chickens, growing vegetables (especially winter squashes and peas, yum) lino cutting all day whilst listening to tunes, wearing very woolly socks and Autumn sunshine. I love tearing sheets of printing paper. Also beaches, woodlands and the tops of hills. I studied Illustration at Uni ages ago and have been lino cutting ever since. .
Day 1 of indie week with the #justacard campaign! 10 fun facts about me...
1. I’m a 40 something Scottish lass still thinks she’s 20 something. 2. Im mum to Caleb 19 and Grace 9 who drive me nuts equally but I wouldn’t change (we’ll not the main things anyway🙈) 3. I 100% wouldn’t be doing what I am now if it wasn’t for the love and support of my long suffering husband ❤️. 4. I’ve been making ‘things’ for ever but only started metal smithing work about 4 years ago.
5. I’m a big indie music fan and I’m super excited about seeing my two fave bands, James and The Charlatans on stage together for the second time next month 🤓😳🥰 6. I’m one of those people that comes across as confident and very sure of myself but really I’m dying inside trying to come across that way 😳😥
6. I was terrified of dogs until we got our fur baby Brodie 🐾 7. My wish in life would be for my husband and I to be able to retire to our beautiful highlands and live a happy quiet old age 👫🥰. 8. I don’t really wear much jewellery 🤷♀️😂 9. I’m very prone to making silly impulsive decisions so I keep that under control by changing my hair colour loads 😂😂. 10. My absolute favourite thing in life is laughing 😂 #justacardweek#shopsmall#supportyourfriends#supportsmallbusiness#supportindependent#supportlocalarts#mhairigibbonsjewellery#handmadeinscotland
I'm taking part in the @justacard #indieweek#challenge and today's prompt is all about YOU, (well that's me really🙋) so I'm going to attempt to tell you 10 fun facts about me since you may only know me as the face of #craftybijoux
Here we go: 🌟 I have a BSc in Pharmaceutical Sciences and a PhD in Chemistry but I always dreamed of being a vet
🌟 I'm originally from the UK but I moved to France 2 years ago 🌟 I love everything about nature, natural remedies and Mother Earth. If you have a cough, cold or a pimple in a rather peculiar place I've for a lotion or potion for that 💉💊🔮 🌟 Crafting helps me to cope with anxiety issues something that as a child was put down to being moody, when actually I just couldn't find a coping mechanism. Finally at 35 I've found it 👍
🌟 I am an #allergymom my eldest daughter suffers from multiple food allergies and seeing you 12 month old going into anaphylactic shock is not something I wish to see again
🌟 I absolutely love #cooking and #baking andvhave done since I was a little girl, which greatly helps with having an allergy daughter
🌟 I will try ANYTHING once, life is too short and you never know if you like something unless you try it...what's the worst that could happen?
🌟 I make a great leader but don't often get taken seriously because I'm an introvert, which since moving to France and learning another language has helped me become more assertive
🌟 Efficiency is my middle name, I don't do faffing. You give me a problem or a job to do and I get on with it. I know this drives some people mad but if I'm not busy then I feel lazy. There are so many things to see, do, explore and help others, why waste it just watching telly?
🌟 I think #elonmusk and @kimbalmusk are the best things since sliced bread. I would love to sit down and talk with them.
#shopsmall this #Christmas and #supportsmallbusinessess who more often than not don't have paid sick days or pensions and work morning, noon, night and weekends and very often get looked upon as lazy, a hippy or weird because they choose to work for themselves. Your purchase however small means the world to us ❤❤❤
Happy Monday instagrammers -Another exciting week ahead 🤩
I realised yesterday that I haven’t actually posted any photos of the outside of my shop as a whole 🤭 now that it’s finally finished (and because I’m quite proud of myself) I can share it with you 😁
So here are a few shots of my black and white splattered, dashed shop 😂 with my bright yellow door 🚪✨ The workshop space is to the left and the shop takes up the right side of the premises!
I don’t know anyone else who can claim that their packaging matches their shop 😂
But I thought that Jackson Pollocking the outside was a great idea 👍 💡
I’ve included a few of the details from the inside too! Including the ladder from my old shop!
#Repost @fundingcircleuk (@get_repost)
IT’S COMPETITION TIME! To celebrate Just A Card - Indie Week, we're giving you the chance to win £500 towards your next ad campaign! Whether it's a digital marketing campaign or a magazine print, the team at Funding Circle will be on hand to help. You'll even get 1:1 time with our experts to guide you through the campaign from start to finish! 🚀 Interested? We thought so! To enter, simply follow these 3 steps:
🔹 Follow @fundingcircleuk and @justacard
🔹 Comment on this post and tell us how you're getting involved in Indie Week. Make sure you use the hashtag #justacardfun 😄
🔹 As an added bonus, share this photo to your timeline and SPREAD THE WORD!
The competition will run until midnight on Sunday 25th November, so get entering! Go go go 🙌
• T H A N K S ! •
A huge thank you to all the lovely people who came along to the weekend’s markets! I love meeting you all in real life and introducing you to some newbies!
See you again at the markets this weekend in Taree & Port Mac for some local handmade Christmas shopping ✌️
It’s #IndieWeek championing all things independent businesses run by the amazing @justacard campaign. In the run up to the craziness that is Black Friday it’s encouraging everyone to think about where they spent their hard earned pennies and #shopsmall this Christmas. .
Today’s prompt is 10 facts about You, so here it goes!
1. I’m Sheona, it’s a silent “e” and my middle name is Odette; I couldn’t spell that until I was about 10!
2. I set up Sewisfaction in February last year, it started in a cupboard with just me and now I have my own shop and studio.
3. I didn’t come up with the name Sewisfaction, one of my best friends did. I can’t even remember my name suggestions.
4. I LOVE marmite, the smell of petrol, gin, cats, ice cream, fizzy strawberry laces and fabric obviously.
5. I believe hate is a wasted emotion.
6. I strongly DISLIKE eggs, whisky, spiders, mince pies and running.
7. I have a terrible habit of having very long hot baths, we’re talking hours and hours.
8. I don’t really use pins when I sew 😱
9. I like to push myself out of my comfort zone. I’m scared of heights so did a skydive from 13,000ft. I’m petrified of open water so did a scuba dive. Neither cured me of those phobias!
10. Sewisfaction is my proudest achievement by far. I’ve never run a business before, coming from a corporate recruitment background and every late night and actual heart palpitation (they come and go - nobody panic!) is worth it.