So other than being an incredibly satifying and delicious snack.... 10 Fun Facts About Almonds:
1) Almonds need really hot weather and cool winters to grow. They are 100% reliant on wild bees and honey bees for crop pollination — No bees, no almonds 🐝🐝 don't kill bees!!
2) Almond growers rent bees for pollination and it’s one of the most costly issues for growers.
3) Bees are fussy little fellows; they don’t work in the rain, at night, in the early morning, or when there’s frost
4) The immature green almond can be preserved and pickled — some consider it a delicacy
5) Of the 8 major varieties of almonds, the Nonpareil are the most prized (all have the same nutritional profile)
6) There are 98 published research papers to date (with 19 more in progress) on the health effects of almonds, in particular their effect on heart health, diabetes and weight management ❤💪
7) Almonds were one of the first foods awarded a qualified health claim in the US 🏆
8) Almonds help to slow absorption of sugar and carbs
9) Recent studies show almonds eaten mid-morning can help moderate your blood sugar throughout the day
10) Almonds are amazing that's all 😍
We are nuts about NUTS 💫 Especially the raw ones 🌱💚 #almonds#rawnuts#health#wellness#rawalmonds#smoothies#granola#snack#tastecafestanger#nuts
Step 3️⃣ Chop them up according to your choice and bag em
1️⃣Kale, Banana & Mango
2️⃣Spinach & Banana
3️⃣Kale, Orange & Mango
4️⃣Orange & Carrots
Freeze your fruits and ditch the ice.
Organise your healthy lifestyle the way you organise your wardrobe.
Prepare your smoothie mix weekly by following the above steps.
Use the same method and prepare your healthy meals for the week.
Ready for the freezer!!