Have you ever had Olive Garden’s Minestrone Soup? It is so yummy! This hearty, healthy vegetarian soup is full of nutritional goodness. A combination of beans, vegetables and optional pasta in a yummy broth that is flavorful, but not overly spicy. This is so easy to make-try it for dinner tonight!! Add cooked sausage or hamburger meat as well if you like! #vegan#glutenfree
Mel's Marvelous Minestrone * 2 large carrots, diced
* 2 celery ribs, chopped
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 tablespoon butter or margarine * 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
* 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
* 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
* 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage or spinach * 1 tablespoon dried basil
* 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1 cup uncooked whole wheat or gluten free elbow macaroni (optional)
* Top with nutritional yeast or grated Parmesan cheese
* 1.In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, celery and onion in oil and butter/margarine until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
* * 2.Stir in the broth, tomato sauce, beans, tomatoes, cabbage/spinach, basil, parsley, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add macaroni; cook, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until macaroni and vegetables are tender.
* * 3.Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with cheese.