#tb to my sweet little apple. tonight’s got me looking at all the old photos of her & wondering where the time went. so happy for a family day tomorrow 🙌🏻 i’ve tagged a few of y’all - what’s your weekend plans?
Friday before thanksgiving feels going on here. But we always travel for turkey day, and we’re so excited to get out of town! Headed to some warm weather and to see some of our favorite family. We’ve also decided to order most of the Thanksgiving meal this year (we usually cook everything!), so the lead up is going to be chill. The day is going to be chill. And we’re all going to bask in all the things we are thankful for! #lfgratitude#everydaymadewell
I took this picture of the originally installed bathroom mirror when we first got the keys. A lady named Florence used to live here. Florence was born in a similar house on the same street in the early 40’s where she met + married her childhood sweetheart (that lived just a few doors down)
They then moved into this house together, where they lived out the rest of their time.
The house went into re-possession, then auction, and that is then where their tale ended and ours begun.
So here is to you, Florence and to living on Wimbolt Street your entire life. Word has it that you were a bloody lovely lady. #ourwimboltstreet
This weekend is going to be different than most, I am going to intentionally do l e s s. Less stress, less plans, less commitments, so that I can do more reading, reflecting, & resting. I’m learning more and more every day that you gotta take care of yourself first if you want to love & serve others better. ❤️ So this weekend I’ll be doing just that. ✌🏽
Hello and happy Friday! This morning I woke up to 1000 followers, and as there has been an influx of new people here I figured that I would introduce myself to all of you fresh faces with some notes on who I am and the method/ethics behind this account.
1. I’m Maria, 24 years young, and am currently working on my MA in Art History!
2. In November 2017 (one year ago this week) I had open heart surgery to treat a blood and heart infection, as well as a valve defect. I’m going to make a post about my recovery next week, but in summary its been a year of relearning my body and finding the beauty in slowing down.
3. I love to exercise and nourish both my physical and mental body in a variety of different ways.
4. In addition to school, I work for a Green Beauty Company, teach an intro to art history course at the university, and nanny part time.
5. And finally my goal with this account is to share how I personally manage to find balance between living a healthy lifestyle, working, school, and finding time for my personal relationships. ————————————————————————So, if you’re still reading after that long winded intro.. this account is going to be fully dedicated to a healthy and balanced lifestyle, through my eyes. I encourage you all to share you tips and tricks in the comments, through my dms, etc., I want to know! I am by no means perfect and struggle with a variety of different things on a daily basis, so my aim is to be totally transparent, optimistic, and hopefully provide a space for us all to find comfort and ease within our every day lives.
Trying to see the silver lining to being housebound by the smoke from the fires: the opportunity to be inside and work on “indoor” projects, like mending.
While pink isn’t a color I usually choose for my clothing, I pulled this 100% Cashmere sweater out of a free box several years ago. It had several tiny holes and I had the full intention of upcycling it into something felted, but never did. And so it has sat in my project box. But, it fits me, and as I need more warm clothing but would prefer not to buy more stuff, I instead decided to just darn up the holes.
Bacon, as usually, was a helpful assistant. He’s feeling much better, too! Thanks for all the first aid tips you shared with me in regards to my stories a few days ago!
🍂✨Autumn is probably the most magical and romantic season. Every year, I feel so excited about fall. This appreciation is hide in every single details of the season : the warm animal colors of the nature, the cold but super sunny weather, cozy elegant outfits, warm evenings, candles at home, hot baths... magic right? and I can keep going. ⠀
So, this year I am truly grateful to be able to enjoy this gorgeous season in my four favorite cities ever !! TOKYO then PARIS then LONDON and NEW YORK ! Life is wonderful at the moment ✨🙏 .
I took this photo the day just before the crazy snow in NYC ✨🗽🍂