- THE VEGAN IS A MODERN DAY WHISTLE BLOWER -
- "Vegan's beliefs and behavior challenge social norms the majority of people live by. Why?
- • _ "Becoming a vegan requires an individuaI to change their thinking and actions in ways that affect them everyday.
"Upon becoming vegan, there is a SEISMIC SHIFT in how you see the worId, and you shift FROM TRUSTING what you have been toId TO QUESTIONING everything you have ever heard.
- • _ "VEGANISM is the ULTIMATE MEDIUM in TRANCE-BREAKING, it opens a door to the reaIisation that the NON-VEGAN WORLD is TRULY DISTOPIAN in nature. You now see everything through a different Iens of Iies and deception.
- • _ "Each day, the vegan makes choices to seek out products and services that don't directIy or indirectIy abuse animaIs, and this takes time and energy. For the ethicaI vegan, this is not a probIem but for someone not distressed by animaI abuse, it can be seen as an inconvenience of IittIe importance.
- • _ "The vegan has aIso Iearnt to question other societaI beIiefs many take for granted (poIitics, economics, science & innovation, medicine, education, work and empIoyment, reIigion, environment, speciesism) which indicates that finding the truth is not aIways so easy... In our "time-poor worId" peopIe are either too tired, indifferent or confused to question the norm.
- • _ "THE VEGAN IS A MODERN DAY WHISTLE BLOWER who not onIy impIores us to change but questions everything, and for many, this is so painfuI and a deep existenciaI crisis which many are iII equiped to navigate. "
in CLARE MANN's, "VYSTOPIA, The Anguish of Being Vegan In a Non-Vegan WorId" (2018)
I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who didn’t want to get out of bed this morning; I’m not great at getting up at the best of times but when the days get shorter, it gets even harder. The kids and I were all late and hoofed it up to school just as the gate was closing.
It was raining and foggy and I felt unmotivated to get out for my run. I decided I would run some of the Hurtwood 50 route. I am familiar with most of the route as it’s an area I run a lot, not to mention running with Matt, Ben and Adam on their challenge. I wanted to just check I was right about which path it takes when it splits from the Greensand Way. For those of you that are doing it too, I’m talking about the loopy section before it comes back! I was right, and it’s a trail I absolutely love, so much so I ran a little too far on it. I was having so much fun I didn’t spot the route turn on my watch. I know this part of the trail often turns into a small stream after heavy rain so potentially some wet feet in December. When I was driving over to where I would start I felt disappointed that I would not get the views in the fog, as this route has some of the best views in South East England. What I got, however, was the most awesome, eerie autumn trail run. You may disagree but personally, I wouldn’t have enjoyed today’s run had I been pounding the pavement. It would have just been a drizzly, foggy 10 mile run on the road, where I would have hated the spray from the lorries. Instead, I had 10 magical trail miles, and it totally flipped my mood. Judging by how many of you have messaged me after seeing the photos in my story I think you all agree this is one magical route!
Ticino EcoMarathon 2018.
Non nutrivo particolari aspettative, troppi acciacchi e pochi stimoli per correre, ma come per incanto alla partenza le gambe giravano bene ...
Fermo restando il fatto che la vittoria quest’anno era una questione tra il mio amico Spintatotale Marchino Bonfiglio e se stesso (infatti ha vinto con distacchi abissali 😂), più corro è più aumenta la mia consapevolezza di poter ottenere un buon piazzamento tra gli “umani” ...
Dopo circa 22/23 km sono quinto ed ho appena staccato alcuni atleti, corro facile al buon ritmo, da ultra, di 4’55”/5’05” quando salto completamente un incrocio e proseguo dritto ... allungando la mia gara di oltre 2 km e ritrovandomi, al mio ritorno sul percorso, più o meno in 30esima posizione 😂.
Alla fine ho recuperato un po’ e sono arrivato 15esimo, ma spingendo troppo per rimontare sono calato molto negli ultimi 15 km ... tra l’altro in preda ai soliti insopportabili dolori ai piedi.
La gara è il solito gioiellino splendidamente coordinato dal meraviglioso Andrea Bazzo ... ed anche se per un bel po’ lascerò il mondo ultra, alla TEM tornerò sempre 🙏
WE DID IT 🏃🏼♀️🐫🌵!!
250km across the Wadi Rum Desert in Jordan 🇯🇴 over 5 days. The hottest and toughest year they’ve had so far, and definitely the hardest 5 days of my life. Extreme heat (up to 40 degrees), sand that absorbs all of your energy with every step, dehydration, and 5 days of mental battles to reach that finish line. It was an emotional rollercoaster and an adventure I will never forget!
Thank you @laurenmortonadventures for asking me to join @team.likeagirl 😘, and thank you @wadirumultra for the most incredible race. Thank you also to the rest of the team who all had their own battles out there (you are all heroes and so inspirational), and all of the other amazing runners and the awesome crew 🙌🏻. With such a small race you really get to know everyone, so it was hard to say goodbye at the end of the week...knowing you’ve got to head back to reality.
Full updates to come once I’ve recovered and slept! Thank you for all your messages during the race!!
Houston. We got a problem... 12 days ago I smashed this guy against a rock on the trails in my Vibrams. Now I've learned where Five Fingers have their limits. Really stupid because I had bumpy situations 2-3 times before but I thought "Yeah maybe I need more trail experience or strike higher in general" but I was wrong and had to learn it the hard way.
Now I put my focus 100% on something else (GYM + money + a little bit of walk/hiking) in order to let go by itself.
It sucks because it means No UTCR even though I feel ready AF 😅😅💪💪
But yeah... some things should happen. Other things shouldn't. I'm ok with both sides as I haven't met the magic "I change it all up" frog yet 🤣🤣😁💪🐸🐸❤