Vecihi hürkuş is the first pilot pilot, designer and maker of a local plane.
He was wounded in 1916 on a flight in Baghdad and returned to Istanbul.
• Was appointed in the Caucasus Front in 1917, where he won the honor of the first Turkish pilot drops an enemy aircraft ..
• In the same year during the air war, his plane was hit and caused, but he burned the plane so as not to leave it in the hands of the Russians. He was captured and taken captive to an island in the Caspian Sea. But he manages to escape, returning to Istanbul from Mosul.
• In 1920, he was the first to launch an aircraft attack in the War of Independence. And achieves its first attack by throwing missiles at the Greek front.
• In 1922 he returned to being the last to fly in the war itself.
• 1923 achieves a great achievement by making his own aircraft, in a fictional period of 14 months, where the plane is entirely local but the engine, called Vecihi K-VI.
Despite the achievements of the tournaments [which we have just mentioned here], the Ataturk government honored him with 15 days' imprisonment and half the salary he took while he was waiting in honor of having shaved without the permission of the government with his own unlicensed local plane. At that time Turkey had no institution licensed to any local project and allowed to use it.
He died in 1969 in extreme poverty, and only some of his close relatives attended his funeral.