Fellow #penturners#woodworking enthusiasts, #woodturning lovers, We are switching our #wood projects and posts to my company called Wilo Wood Co. Please follow and share! A huge contest is coming soon!
🖤 Framed 101 Dalmatians Concept Art 🖤
I love a good DIY gift! For my girls birthday I put together these framed art prints from the 1964 Disney film, 101 Dalmatians. Here’s how I did it!
1) Searched the interwebs far & wide for original art from the animators. This proved to be the most time consuming part of the whole ordeal! Good quality images were hard to track down, but after a solid chunk of hours I settled on about 15 of my favorites.
2) A lot of them needed touching up, so I downloaded a free trial of photoshop & figured out some basics to clean them up & sharpen the lines, etc.
3) Hit up my local thrift stores for some used picture frames; got a pretty cool haul of many shapes & sizes
4) Removed the backing & glass from the frames & spray painted them a “pure gold” metallic spray from Home Depot. (The fun part!!) 5) Did some measuring & cropping & such to find which photos worked the best with with frames
6) Finally, cut all the pieces to size, put the frames back together annnddd... TA-DA! .
Truly had a great time working on this & was so excited to finally give it to her! I’m thinking I might make more with different Disney movies 🤔 I do love the Lion King!! Feel free to share your comments below!!! :)