[EB takeover day 5]
Hello from Croatia🇭🇷 Nothing needs to be said about Croatia that hasn't already been said. Although just a single country, I do recommend you spend a good few days here to visit the different cities that offers its own unique experience. We visited Zagreb, Split and Dubrovnik here.
Zagreb the capital is just as entertaining as any other city, food here is cheap so just be sure to look out for the best local food. Split and Dubrovnik on the other hand are major filming sites for Game of Thrones. The city of Kings Landing would look strangely familiar in these parts. Don't forget to take some time off relaxing in the beaches to cool off those split-ting headaches. While in Dubrovnik,pay Lokrum island a visit, but be warned. Whosoever claims this island for his own, shall meet his end. I'm serious. This island got curse. Bad curse.
Well that's it for today, see you in the Balkans!🇦🇱🇧🇦🇲🇪 Fun fact: Whitewalkers are about as real as skywalkers.🙄 #aweekonexchange#exchangebuddy
No início do século 20, a radiação era percebida apenas como um fenômeno positivo, o que naturalmente foi explorado por empreendedores. Por conta disso, era comum comprar cosméticos, comidas e bebidas enriquecidas com elementos radioativos. Infelizmente, é claro, várias pessoas foram vítimas de tragédias a partir daí. O atleta Eben Byers bebeu tantas doses de remédios radioativos que acabou morrendo. Na época, o Wall Street Journal anunciou sua morte com a manchete: “A água radioativa funcionou bem, até que sua mandíbula caiu.”
Conservation full circle. In order to increase rhino ranges & numbers, @andbeyondphinda became the first private reserve custodian of this endangered species. What a special moment, 13 years later, to move the first 4 babies born on Phinda to build a new population elsewhere. These 7 images showcase the skill & experience of the expert capture unit we work with.
(1) Black rhino always seem to find the thickest, most challenging places to recover once the tranquilsation dart takes effect.
(2) Blindfolded and ear-plugged, the rhino is lifted carefully out of the thicket. Being upside down for this short period poses no risk to the animal.
(3) Soft straps around each ankle, an experienced team leader & crane operator gently swing the rhino onto level ground where vets can monitor the breathing, blood pressure and blood oxygenation.
(4) Dr Dave Cooper administers drugs to stimulate & improve the breathing/blood pressure. The rhino is still sedated and now stable, allowing the team to dehorn and collect various samples before loading into the transport crate.
(5) The reinforced crate is then positioned in front of the sleeping rhino in preparation for wake up. Black rhino, unlike whites, wake up full of attitude/aggression. As the rhino wakes the rope is pulled to encourage the rhino to enter the crate. The antidote is administered into ear veins and the rhino jumps up and walks forward.
(6) Safely inside the crate, the doors are closed & locked. The blindfold is removed; the rhino is alert, but still sedated and must remain standing for the journey.
(7) A last peek & goodbye. Thanks to EKZNW / WWF for their wisdom 15 years ago to entrust these precious animals in private hands. And to the private reserves in KZN for keeping them safe and growing, for the success of the Black Rhino Range Expansion Project.
و من خطبة له ( عليه السلام )
في رسول اللّه و أهل بيته
طول خطبة ليتم تسليمها في مقاطع
متعددة ( الجزء الرابع ) ... فَإِذَا أَنْتُمْ أَلَنْتُمْ لَهُ رِقَابَكُمْ
وَ أَشَرْتُمْ إِلَيْهِ بِأَصَابِعِكُمْ
جَاءَهُ الْمَوْتُ فَذَهَبَ بِهِ
فَلَبِثْتُمْ بَعْدَهُ مَا شَاءَ اللَّهُ
حَتَّي يُطْلِعَ اللَّهُ لَكُمْ مَنْ يَجْمَعُكُمْ
وَ يَضُمُّ نَشْرَكُمْ ...
یجب أن يستمر
درباره رسول خدا و اهل بیت او
این خطبه به لحاظ طولانی بودن در
بخش های متعدد ارائه می شود. ( بخش چهارم ) ... پس چون در اطاعت او درآمديد،
و او را بزرگ داشتيد، مرگ فرا رسيد
و او را از ميان شما برد،
پس از او چندان كه خدا خواهد زندگاني
مي گذرانيد تا آنكه خدا شخصي را
برانگيزاند كه شما را متحد سازد،
و پراكندگي شما را جبران نمايد... ادامه دارد.#نهجالبلاغه#امام_علی#خطبه_۱۰۰#در_باره_رسول_خدا_و_اهل_بیت#اطاعت#بزرگ#مرگ#خدا#زندگانی#متحد#پراکندگی#جبران#
Democratic Holdouts On “Medicare For All” Have Received Twice As Much Insurance Industry Cash As Sponsors 👎👎👎👎👎
Supporters of the Medicare for All Act of 2017 hold signs at an event to introduce the bill in Washington, DC.
Democratic senators who haven’t signed on to Sen. Bernie Sanders’ “Medicare for All” proposal have received twice as much cash from the insurance industry as the bill’s sponsors, MapLight has found.
The insurance industry has donated an average of $23,600 since 2010 to senators who have co-sponsored Sanders’ bill, according to a MapLight review of campaign finance data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics. Democratic senators who have not yet supported his legislation, including Sen. Angus King, a Maine independent, have received an average of $55,500 from the industry.
The independent senator from Vermont has been pitching a government-run, single-payer health care system since 1993. But the idea became popular among progressive voters during his 2016 primary campaign against eventual Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and is picking up support. About one-third of American adults polled in June said they now support a single-payer health care system.
Sanders, who formally proposed his “Medicare for All” plan on Wednesday, has picked up support from 16 of the Senate’s 46 Democrats. Supporters include potential 2020 presidential contenders, such as Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass.; Kamala Harris, D-Calif.; Cory Booker, D-N.J.; and Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y. A majority of House Democrats are backing a similar proposal introduced in January by Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich.
Sanders’ bill would dramatically alter the U.S. health-care landscape. Under the current system, most people receive health insurance through their employer. About 16 percent buy insurance directly.
Health care costs are higher in the U.S. than in other industrialized nations, and health outcomes are generally worse. Proponents of single-payer believe it would lower health care costs for consumers and provide better care. .